Just the other day I was reading Ms. YNC blog and was really capture with one of her statement that at our 20's we tend to focus and worry more about money and our careers which is so true and I find my-self doing that at most time especially now that I am getting closer and closer to graduation and walking across that stage in my black and blue cap and gown.
The future lies in God's hand but yet we find ourselves worrying more and more about what tomorrow/future have in store for us. With that I thought I'd share some of the things that have help calm me down when I'm tempted to feel trapped and hopeless in fear of the future
1. Life is full of negative things that might happen: If A does not happen then B will, life is hard and temptations are meant to come along our ways so it should not surprise us when we come across disappointment, painful losses or unfulfilled sadness. Even Christ was tempted many times.
2. As long as I choose a path of personal growth, I will face fearful situations: New opportunity brings numerous fearful situation we must deal with, the future is a new opportunity and to get there, there will be challenges.
3. Acknowledging my anxieties is a positive first step: I tend to seek help from expert and discuss fear with good friends, chances are one of those people might have gone through the same thing or knows someone who has. Through my 1st 3 college years all my friends were non-engineers simply because I still stereotype engineers as geek and nerds and therefore never attempt to make friends with them (I know right sad ) its like me denying my very own people but as my school work became tough na I had no choice than to run to the engineers for help and boy did I realize how much suffering I have been doing to myself for the past 3 years trying to do it all alone.
4. Surround myself with positive people: What you speak and hear is what you become so if now I'm surrounded by people who always pour in my head how hard it is to succeed or say things like "even mr. X who had a 4.0 gpa did not get the job what make you think you can?" It is more than likely that I will begin to think the same way and fear the future that I'm yet to see
5. Discover the promise and take it to the Lord in Prayer: When a mother cook, unless the child says I'm hungry or shows sign that he is hungry the food we remain on the pot, in the same way we have been given all things through Christ but unless we know what we are given it is almost impossible to have it which is where the power of discovery comes in. The word is new every morning and the more we search the more our fear of the future becomes a mare issue. We must speak to him to be spoken to so yes prayer always.
PS. Very random, I was home this afternoon browsing the internet je je on my own and the next thing I heard was my aunt planning my wedding colors and all that and then momsy is like its too early lets plan the graduation colors first.
Momsy: We are wearing dresses right
Aunt: mama no na asoebi
Momsy: ok we wear asoebi first and then change to dresses after
Aunt: You trust na it will be latest in town.
I just sat there and laugh see me see trouble o mind you my graduation is not even until may 2012 and all this is already going on I wonder how many years they will use to plan my wedding. Expectation is the mother of manifestation so I guess I should be expecting much for that day.
Have a lovely week ahead every one